Sponsorship opportunities at the annual EGU General Assembly
The EGU is a non-profit association dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the Earth, planetary, and space sciences for the benefit of humanity. The annual EGU General Assembly is the largest and most prominent European geosciences event. It attracts over 12,000 scientists from all over the world, of which more than a third are early career scientists.
This annual EGU General Assembly is an excellent opportunity to showcase and promote your company/organization and its activities, to connect with old customers and win new ones, get up to date about the latest developments, and network with potential partners.
Specific opportunities for sponsorship are made available exclusively to EGU General Assembly exhibitors. These opportunities include the coffee breaks in the morning/afternoon and the poster refreshment breaks during the dedicated poster viewing block in the evening.
During the whole week most of the conference participants attend the morning and afternoon breaks, where coffee, tea, fruits, and cookies are served at stations in all poster areas, while in the evening beer and wine refreshments fuel the discussions at the poster exhibition in the same locations. Please note that these coffee and poster refreshment breaks are the only events where conference attendees get free beverages and, in combination with the excellent networking opportunities, therefore guarantee high recognition for sponsors of these breaks.
When becoming a sponsor, you select one of the following 15 sponsorship opportunities (each one is only sold once):
- Morning coffee break (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri), 10:00–10:30: €5,000 net
- Afternoon coffee break (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri), 15:00–15:30: €5,000 net
- Poster refreshment break (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri), 17:30–19:00: €7,500 net
Your sponsorship package includes exclusive as well as non-exclusive benefits. Your selected break provides you with an exclusive branding time of 30 minutes for coffee breaks and 90 minutes for poster refreshment breaks:
- Your logo will be printed on all table tents used at the beverage outlets in all poster areas.
- Coffee/tea mugs (coffee breaks) or wine glasses/beer bottles (poster refreshment breaks) will be accompanied by one napkin with your logo per beverage (up to 6,000).
- Your branded roll-ups will be placed at the beverage outlets to be visible for all attendees of the breaks. Hereby, we have six outlets spread over the entire conference venue and your roll-ups can be combined to a maximum of 3 m width × 2.50 m height per outlet.
- In addition to these highly visible and exclusive expositions, you also receive the non-exclusive benefit that all sponsors will be named in a one-page advert in the programme book together with their logo.
- Table tents and napkins will be produced by us and distributed by the catering supplier.
- You will design and produce the roll-ups on your own and provide them to the EGU Information in the entrance hall of the conference centre one day before your sponsored event. Our staff members will set them up at least 10 minutes before the event and will dismantle them afterwards. You roll-ups will be collected and stored again at the EGU Information for you to pick up.
Sponsorship application and conditions
- Only 2017 EGU General Assembly exhibitors are eligible to apply for a sponsorship.
- Application is via the form below. The deadline for applications is 1 March 2017.
- All applications are reviewed by the EGU Executive Board.
- The applicant is informed by email about acceptance or rejection as soon as possible.
- After acceptance, the applicant is asked to provide invoice and payment details for the sponsored amount.
- The logo to be used for sponsorship (if different from the exhibitor's logo) has to be sent to Copernicus Meetings by 1 March 2017 and has to be provided as a vector graphic.
- In case the payment is not received before 8 March 2017, the acceptance of the sponsorship application will be revoked and the invoice will be cancelled.