Terms & conditions – exhibitor's agreement
By renting a booth at the EGU General Assembly 2017, the exhibitor accepts the following terms & conditions:
- The exhibitor agrees that the material to be exhibited will not be delivered to the conference venue later than Tuesday, 18 April 2017 (deadline for airfreight to arrive at Vienna Airport is Monday, 17 April 2017). Any artwork to be included in the Information & Schedules Book must be provided to Copernicus Meetings by 6 February 2017 at the very latest.
- The exhibitor will not dismantle the display before Friday, 28 April 2017, 13:00. EGU reserves the right to impose a penalty fee to those exhibitors who dismantle their booth before Friday, 13:00 and to exclude those exhibitors from possible booth rentals at future EGU General Assemblies.
- Cancellations can only be refunded in case of written notification prior to 6 February 2017. A cancellation fee of €100 will be deducted. No refunds will be made after this date.
- A proof of insurance must be provided upon request. Exhibitors are requested to have a rider on their current insurance policy to cover loss of, theft of, or damage to their exhibit or other personal property while it is located at or is in transit to or from the Austria Center Vienna.
- The exhibitor shall indemnify the Austria Center Vienna, Expoxx, Copernicus GmbH, and EGU against, and hold it and its representatives harmless from complaints, suits, or liabilities resulting from negligence of the exhibitor in connection with the exhibit's use of display space.
- The Austria Center Vienna, Expoxx, Copernicus GmbH, and EGU are not liable for loss, damage, or theft, through any cause, of goods, hand-carried items, exhibits, or other materials owned, rented, or leased by the exhibitor.
- Personal effects, promotional material, and other small, easily removable valuable items should not be left unattended.
- In no event are the Austria Center Vienna, Expoxx, Copernicus GmbH, and the EGU liable for incidental, consequential, special, indirect or punitive damages for any harm arising from or related to the use of exhibit space under the contract agreement.
- No nails, screws, or other fixtures may be drilled into any part of the premises, including the floors. Nor may any part of the premises be damaged or disfigured in any way. Should any damage occur, the exhibitor will be invoiced for repair charges incurred.
- Exhibits in the rented booth space must be set up so as to not disturb neighbouring booths acoustically or visually and to avoid the creation of any obstruction within the booths or aisles. This also applies to presentations and demonstrations by the exhibitor and the gathering of participants at the booth.