- Registration for the EGU General Assembly 2017 is secured via payment of the appropriate registration fee.
- There is no waiving of registration fees except for scientists receiving a support award, a Union/Union Division award, or medal.
- Please renew your membership to the EGU upon registration to benefit from reduced member rates.
- The registration fee includes participation in the meeting and a public transportation ticket. The public transportation ticket is valid Monday–Friday, 24–28 April 2017, within Vienna (Zone 100). Please note that this ticket does not cover the transportation from and to the airport.
Early registration rate
- When registering for the early registration rate, there are two payment options: (a) by credit card or (b) by bank transfer. However, if you want to buy an EGU membership while registering, the payment is by credit card only.
- Participants from most European countries can choose to receive their name badges by airmail about 8–10 days prior to the conference if payment is received by 16 March 2017.
Standard registration rate
- You can register online until the end of the conference, but you can only pay by credit card.
|Categories||Early registration rates
(deadline 16 Mar 2017)
|Standard registration rates|
|Week ticket||Day ticket||Week ticket||Day ticket|
|EGU regular member 2017 (1)||€385||€200||€415||€220|
|EGU PhD student member 2017 (1) (*)||€220||€115||€255||€140|
|EGU emeritus member 2017 (1) (**)||€220||€115||€255||€140|
|PhD student non-member (*)||€245||€130||€275||€150|
|Emeritus non-member (**)||€245||€130||€275||€150|
|Student (undergraduate or master) (*)||€115||€60||€115||€60|
|(1)||Participants having paid their annual membership fee for 2017 to the European Geosciences Union (EGU) and/or to the American Geophysical Union (AGU)/Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS)/Japan Geoscience Union (JpGU).|
|(*)||Please enclose/show proof of status and note that it may take up to 2 working days to change your status to "student", which is necessary for keeping the early registration rate. Please remember that the database status "student" is necessary in order to register at any of the student registration rates ("PhD student" and "student").|
|(**)||Age 60 or older and retired from full-time employment. Please note that it may take up to two working days to change your status to "emeritus", which is relevant for keeping the early registration rate.|
The opening hours of the registration counters on-site are:
Sunday, 23 April 2017
Monday–Thursday, 24–27 April 2017
Friday, 28 April 2017
Instructions for online registration
- Please ensure you have read and understood the cancellation policy on registration conditions as provided on the website.
- All information should be typed in upper and lower case (e.g. John Smith).
- You will have the opportunity to review and edit any registration details before the final stage of payment.
- 60 minutes is the maximum time allowance to complete the form before the system times out.
- The current versions of Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer are the preferred platforms for use of the forms.
Terms and conditions
- Early registration must be accompanied by payment. Otherwise, it will not be processed and the standard registration rates will be applied.
- Registrations are for the persons specified and are non-transferable.
- Changes to registration invoices are only possible with regard to the invoice address or order references. Any such claims must be received by Copernicus Meetings no later than 6 weeks after the last day of the conference. Later requests cannot be considered.
- Changes to the registration rate selected in the finalized registration form, including received invoice, can only be realized for unpaid invoices. Then, the attendee is asked to cancel the registration order and to place a new order through the registration form, including the correct registration rate. Please note that the deadline for early registration is also valid in such cases.
- A translator is seen as an active participant and therefore has to pay the regular conference fee. The reason is that (a) this person must be a scientist to be able to translate the science appropriately and (b) the official conference language is English. It is therefore expected that authors are able to present their research more or less fluently in the English language.
- Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received by Copernicus Meetings before 16 March 2017. The cancellation fee is €50.
- Cancellations after 16 March 2017 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- There is no reason (including but not limited to illness, inability to travel, visa application rejection, travel restrictions, etc.) for registration cancellation that makes the above-mentioned deadline for cancellations inapplicable.
The organizers cannot accept liability for personal accident, loss, or damage to private property, which may be incurred as a result of the participation in the EGU General Assembly 2017. Participants are, therefore, advised to arrange appropriate insurance coverage. This should apply not only to travel but also to cancellation costs.
By registering, participants acknowledge and consent that during their attendance at the EGU General Assembly 2017 their image or voice may be recorded via video, photograph, or by any other means ("recorded") by an official of the conference. This content may be distributed or published at the discretion of the European Geosciences Union. If you do not wish to be recorded, you are required to formally advise the EGU Office in advance.